If you are not grounded then chaos reigns. Worse yet success is outside your reach. I was reminded of this working with two new clients this week. When we are grounded we are clear, focused and can think straight. When we are ungrounded we tend to be busy, doing what comes our way, that is simple to do, needs to be done but may not move us any closer to our success.
Two new clients this week are in different industries but in the same place with their businesses. They have been in business for a while, are working hard and making slow progress in their gross revenue. They wanted help, feeling overwhelmed, unfocused and without a plan.
As an intuitive, I look first at their energy. Are they grounded? From which chakra do they work? These two questions tell me a great deal about their business because our businesses are always a reflection of us. Scary but true so the solution begins within us.
Neither of them was grounded. They both operated from their third chakra (a powerful energy center) to work hard, react and respond to whatever comes at them. This is the opposite of being grounded, focused with a plan that determines where we place our energy. Sound familiar?
Both of them are smart, know their business very well but cannot get out of their third chakras (below sternum) and move into the crown (at the top of the centerh). The crown chakra is leadership. Because they work from their third, they do much of the work of their business. For a business to grow the owner has to be able to lead the business (crown chakra) and see the bigger picture, their vision (6th chakra) then communicate that to their staff (5th chakra) for agreement (4th chakra).
Do you find that their story is in some way familiar to you? To be focused, we have to be grounded. Try this today. It only takes a couple of minutes though you can spend longer.
- Sit in a quiet and comfortable place (once you learn how to do this you can do it anytime and any place, eyes open or closed)
- Close your eyes and relax into your chair.
- Take a deep breath, exhale and relax.
- Bring your attention onto yourself.
- In your mind’s eye imagine where the base of your spine is (1st chakra)
- Imagine where the center of the planet is.
- Now imagine connecting those two points. You can imagine a tree trunk, a beam of light, a rope, etc. Any imagines that work for you to connect the base of your spine to the center of the planet. This is your grounding.
- Take a deep breath and relax into your grounding. Feel grounded. Let go and allow yourself to be grounded.
- Let go of whatever you are controlling.
- Relax and feel connected to the center of the planet.
- Continue to feel yourself grounding for as long as you want but at least a minute until you feel grounded.
- Notice your awareness changes.
You can start your day this way. It helps to create focus. Then you can do this several times throughout your day, creating time to stop, ground and get clear again.
Stop and ground when you:
- Find you cannot think straight or are having a tough time focusing stop and ground.
- Find you are doing random things and not implementing a plan that moves you toward your goals, stop and ground.
- Find yourself unsettled by something or someone and want to get your space back.
- Have a problem to solve and want to get it right.
- Want to regain perspective.
- Are feeling stressed or tense.
There are a many reasons to be grounded. Make this part of your routine, and it will change everything.
Best wishes on your success, Kay