In this blog I look at success from an intuitive perspective. Intuition involves a set of abilities that we all have but most rarely use or use them unconsciously. It is my hope that we all open more to our intuition to not only “know” but also realize our ability to create.
Today’s blog is about setting energy which is one of the core concepts related to intuition. When we grasp this concept the world is in the palm of our hand.
A Form of Meditation
Setting energy is a form of meditation that can be done each day, meeting, conversation, activity, project, etc. I can’t imagine engaging in my day without setting energy first. I can see your minds going a mile a minute trying to wrap your thinking around this. Well, this is not logical so it is best to stop thinking. The only way to understand this concept is to experience it. Meditation is a way to get out of our mind, our logic and open to our intuitive side.
Intuitive Business Consulting
As an intuitive business consultant my time with all of my clients includes learning this important intuitive technique. Once you get the knack for it you will see that it changes everything.
Try this exercise Experience is the only way to grasp this concept. First choose a conversation you have planned for this week. You will learn to set the energy for this conversation.
Sit quietly with your feet on the ground. Be comfortable, close your eyes and begin to allow your body to quiet and begin to clear your mind.
I suggest using the following basic intuitive techniques. (If you aren’t familiar with them and would like to learn them contact me.) Once you learn these techniques, it takes only minutes to create this space of meditation.
Find Meditation Space
- Be grounded – energy connection to the planet
- Be centered – attention and awareness in the center of your head
- Have your space – aura in around you
- Be in present time – have all of your energy and awareness in the moment
- Breathe and release – technique for clearing and healing
- Hold your head high – positioning the top of your head (crown chakra)
Open Intuition – Set Energy
- Imagine in your mind’s eye a simple red rose – see it clearly
- Decide that this rose represents the conversation you selected for this exercise.
- Meditate on this conversation. How would you like to experience this conversation? How do you imagine others will experiencing the conversation? How would you like to experience the energy : clear, uplifting, cooperative, validating, etc.?
- Keep clearing your thinking, letting go of memories and emotions, etc. until you can imagine the conversation precisely as you would like it to go.
- Put your attention back on the rose. Let the rose change to a color that represents your vision of this conversation. Now let it go.
- Take deep breath. Stretch.
You probably noticed that you had to clear your thinking, remove your fears and decide more clearly what you wanted from the conversation.
You may want to repeat this exercise again before the conversation.
When you have the real conversation notice how to goes. How similar or different was it from your vision. Awareness is the key to intuition as not everything is logical. We are at our best when we use both sides of our brain.
Let me know how this exercise works for you. I want to hear your story.