I ask all of my clients to make meditation part of their day. The first response I hear is, “I can’t afford to take the time to meditate!” My reaction is “You can’t afford not to take the time!”
I see business owners and professionals make poor decisions, react rather than respond in stressful situations and not think straight. All of these happen when we lose our perspective. We lose our perspective when we have too much energy in our space, too many demands placed on us and too many people with their energy and ideas in our head.
Things tend to spiral as energy builds in our space. Meditation is a way to stop, to clear our space and regain perspective.
Successful business owners and professionals know the value of being clear-headed. Here are a few basic steps for meditation.
- Close the door. Sit down. Take a deep breath and close your eyes.
- Take another deep breath and release all the tension. Repeat.
- Bring your attention on yourself. Notice how you are doing, what’s on your mind or who is in your space.
- Take more deep breaths and imagine releasing whatever is in your space, on your mind or in your head.
- Keep releasing until you feel calm, centered and focused on yourself rather than something or someone else.
- Now decide how you want to be the rest of the day. Set your space that way now.
Do this exercise when you feel that you are losing perspective but before you have really lost it!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments on meditation in the workplace.
Best wishes on your success,