Don’t we wish there was a simple way to solve a problem? As you might imagine, we all approach solving problems in our unique way, not all are effective. There are those who attack a problem head on and solve it though not always in the best way. Their goal is to solve the problem and not the quality of the solution or the long-term impact. Others avoid the problem altogether, hiding from it for as long as they can. That is not effective. The problem has not gone away; they are just avoiding it. Others analyze the problem endlessly without finding a solution. Some problems are not even ours to solve. They are someone else’s problem. There are other drivers for how we solves problems.
How we think and how we feel about a problem determines how we react then act on a problem. We don’t necessarily solve it. We act on problems to get them out of our way. We might look back and regret our action or realize we could have made a different choice.
Reacting to a problem is different from finding a solution that gets us back on track with our vision of our lives and ourselves. In fact, few look at problems in that context, when that is all that matters.
Our thinking, emotions, past time memories, other’s reactions and our fears get in the way and make problems harder to solve. From an intuitive perspective, we are the creator of all of this. I know that is not logical nor can I make it logical but you could see for yourself.
Here is an intuitive approach problems. Try this meditation and see what you experience.
- Find a comfortable and quiet place.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath and relax.
- Bring your attention to yourself in present time, to this moment.
- Relax and quiet your body.
- Take a few minutes to clear your thinking, release tension and relax in present time.
- Pay your attention to yourself. Notice how you are doing, right now, in this moment.
- Take a deep breath and as you exhale release and let go of the energy (tension) you are holding in your space. Relax.
- Imagine, in your mind’s eye, a red rose. This is a way to open your intuition.
- The rose represents a problem you want to solve. See and know the problem but don’t dwell on it.
- Consider that you are creating this problem with your thoughts. This is not logical but see it that way.
- Know the thoughts you hold about it.
- Imagine bringing your attention out of the problem. Begin to separate from it.
- Clear your thinking. Let go of your thinking about the problem.
- Consider that you are also creating this problem with your energies, fears, reactions and emotions. What are they?
- Imagine taking your emotions, fears, and energy out of the problem.
- Separate from the problem. Have no energy in the problem.
- When you can see the problem without reacting to it or getting lost in thought, the problem is going away. This is not logical so let go of logic.
- Now meditate on the outcome you want, one that aligns with who you are at your core. Focus on that.
- Repeat this meditation often.
The more we can control our thinking and our energy, the more we have control of our reality then clear or solve a problem.
Best wishes, Kay