One of my clients, Sarah, called me last week because she was suddenly aware of how she was being with others: staff, colleagues, clients, etc. She became aware when a long time client dropped her company suddenly and for no clear reason.
In hindsight, she realized that she had lost sight of herself. The stresses of her life and work were being felt by all those around her. She was not being herself. She was up tight and people were avoiding her.
It is possible to run a successful business without self-awareness. Many successful business owners have all their attention on their success and are succeeding without self-awareness. The culture of business is changing. Men and women see creating a successful business as part of who they are and what they are creating in their lives. They are doing what they enjoy. Enjoy what they are doing and want to keep it that way so when things get out of whack they want to know why.
Back to Sarah. Your clients, staff, colleagues, etc. are intuitive. They pick up on your energy. It affects them because you are the captain of the ship. Knowing how they are experiencing you begins with self-awareness. What are you being today? What is on your mind? What energy are others experiencing? Is this helping get the reactions that you want and meet the goals you have set?
- Take time each day to meditate (Close your eyes and pay attention to yourself. Quiet the body and clear the mind.)
- Notice how you are doing.
- What is on your mind?
- Release whatever you are holding onto: a conversation, a disappointment, etc. so that you are in the moment.
- Decide how you would like to be in your work, your personal life, etc.
- How do you want others to experience you?
- Now change your space to that. Change your energy. Release. Raise your vibration.
- Imagine (see in your mind’s eye) how you to be.
When you are feeling like yourself again then you are ready. You and others will experience the difference.
Best wishes on your success,