When we are looking for an answer or solving a problem some of us use our logic. Others step back and use their intuition. Who will come up with the creative and open-minded solution?
Working with my clients I can see a difference in the quality of their decision-making and problem solving when they use their logic and when they use their intuition. One filled with conflicting thoughts, information and emotions. The other offers a clear perspective that results in decision that includes a sense of certainty.
When we rely on our logic we are looking for information (thoughts, concepts, information, etc.) that we have already stored in our minds including what we have learned, memories, logic we have used before and as always our own thinking about things which may not be correct.
When we are open to our intuition we engage a different way of gathering information that is beyond what we already know. We use intuitive abilities such as clear seeing, knowingness, clear hearing and others. From this perspective we are not limited to what we already know and believe to be true and are open to a new level of awareness.
Next time you have a problem to solve try this exercise.
- Sit in a quiet place. Close your eyes. Take a deep breath.
- Feel grounded and centered.
- Bring your attention into the center of your head and your attention on yourself. Stop thinking.
- When you feel quiet and you are not thinking have your attention on yourself.
- Be aware in the moment.
- Now imagine the symbol of a rose. Open your intuition by imagining what a rose looks like.
- Decide that the rose represents your question or problem.
- Without thinking meditate on the rose. Imagine solutions.
Quiet the body and clear the mind to open to your intuitive ability. Look for solutions from this perspective.
Let me know what you experience or your comments.
Best wishes on your success,