When I begin a coaching session I always ask my client how they are doing. If they are great we move on. If they whine or show their energy is low for one reason or another then I wonder, “Why are they sitting in that energy when they have the ability to change it?” There is little value in a coaching someone in apathy, boredom, worry, etc. so we start with changing the space (energy) they are in. They are always very grateful and relieved.
The energy level we are being determines the outcomes and experiences we have. Lower vibrations create failure, actions not producing results, problems with communication, etc. Higher vibrations produce changes, creativity, success, new ideas, new opportunities, etc.
Most often people accept their space as it is for better or for worse. If they are not feeling great they attribute it to the fight they had with their friend, how they felt after looking at their bank account or after a client called in a complaint. They accept it and live that day in this energy. Why? We can stay in our reaction to things or we can change our space (vibration, energy level). There is no value in staying at a lower vibration unless we like to suffer or we don’t realize that we can change this.
So let’s state here and now. We can change our space and how we feel. We don’t have to solve the problem at hand first. When we change our energy then the problem at hand goes away or is much easier to solve. If your energy is typically at a lower vibration then it will take determination to change that habit. For most of us our energy is great one day and we can conquer the world or low another and we want to skip out on everything.
Why stay at a lower vibration when you have the choice and the ability to be at a higher vibration (energy level, feeling)? We have free will. We get to choose. My sister sent me a plaque that reads “Choose Happy”. I like that.
We have the ability to decide how we want to be and to change where we are on an energy level to a vibration we want to be. In this way we are in charge of our creations and our life. This may not be logical and your logic may be arguing with me but give this a try and see.
- Start your day with a short (or long) meditation but at the very least do this.
- Sit upright in a comfortable quiet place (if possible but on the subway if necessary).
- Take deep breath and relax. Grab your attention from everywhere else and place your attention on yourself.
- Notice how you are feeling. Why you are feeling that way does not matter so much
- Stop thinking.
- Notice how you are being. You can feel an energy driving your space already, i.e. enthusiasm, anger, creativity, depression, amusement, worry. etc.
- Decide if this is how you want to be in this day. If it is them really feel it and enjoy it. If not then change your space!
- Begin by taking a deep breaths and as you exhale let go of and release the energy that is making you feel that way, i.e. anger, worry, depression. Don’t think about it or analyze it just imagine letting it do.
- Once you feel that you have begun to let go of where you are start to imagine how you would like to be.
- How would you like your day to go?
- How do you want to feel in your day?
- Take as much time as you need to do these steps with certainty.
- Now really feel that way.
When you have reset your space to the vibration you want to be this day then really be that all day. If you find your energy slipping then stop. Take a moment and come back to feeling (energy level) you want to be. You will learn a great deal about your automatic responses to things and ways in which you get in your own way but letting your energy drop. Success (personally and professionally) only happens at higher vibrations.
The magic comes when we begin to realize we have the control of our space OR we can choose to just be the effect of what is in our space. You chose.
Best wishes on your success, Kay
Learn basic meditation or join an online meditation (no experience needed). Meditation,