How you, your staff and customers/clients experience your business impacts your success. Yet we are don’t pay attention to this factor and just keep working hard.
We can make it so much easier on ourselves and our staff, not to mention attracting customers/clients/patients, simply by tuning into the feel (you might think of it as the vibe, or the tone) of the business. It begins with your awareness in the moment as you walk into your office, speak to your staff and react to the physical surroundings. If anything feels off, it’s time to change the energy.
Read Your Business
Read your company, your staff and your physical office. Doing this is simple. Start with just noticing, How does this feel? How do you find yourself reacting to individuals, the office, clients, your work? Any aspect that brings your energy down, causes you to react in a negative way or creates tension needs attention. Something has to change.
Create a Change
That change might mean changing staff, changing the physical office in some way or changing factors involving the staff, office, or yourself. The best way to do this is in meditation which is a way to clear your thinking so that you have perspective. Create the time and opportunity to meditate anytime something does not feel right. This will help you and your company.
Here is an idea of the kind of meditation you can do. It begins with creating time to stop, close your door, turn off your phones and ask not to be disturbed for 15 minutes at least.
- Have a seat, close your eyes and relax into a chair.
- Your goal is to quiet your body and clear your thinking.
- Bring your attention to yourself. Take a deep breath and release.
- Continue to breath, release, relax until you feel quiet.
- Clear your thinking by letting go of whatever is on your mind.
- If you know how, be grounded, centered and have your space.
- (Let’s focus on your physical office as an example. You will want to do a separate meditation for each aspect of your business.)
- See an image of your office in your mind’s eye. Imagine the entire space. Notice how you react.
- Notice places that are ungrounded and a bit chaotic. Imagine those spaces as being more grounded.
- Notice places you avoid. They may hold energy because they are unused, cluttered, in past time or an employee has set them at a very low vibration.
- Notice what you can do to change the energy in this space by shifting its use, rearranging it, clearing it out or moving the employee.
- Notice the parts of your office that have the highest energy. If you don’t have places of high creative energy, you will want to create them.
- Finally, imagine how you would like your office to feel to you, your staff and customers/clients. See this clearly in your mind’s eye. Know the experience you want yourself and others to have.
- When you can see all of this clearly in your mind’s eye, you are ready to create change to support your success.
Your goal is to raise the energy level of your office so that it feels successful, creative, supportive, innovative, healing or whatever quality fits your industry. Your second goal is to make sure the energy is moving. Always notice where the energy is low or not moving and do something about it right away. If you don’t address it right away, it’s easy to get used to it – and then this stagnant atmosphere becomes the norm for your business, affecting its success.
In short, when energy is not moving or high enough in your office, guess what? – you will notice the same conditions in the success of your business. Change the energy of your office, and see a corresponding change in your business.
If you want more information, please contact me to do an energy assessment of your office, create a plan to change the energy and get it moving. Together we can design a specific meditation for your company that you can use regularly to jumpstart more success.
Best wishes on your success, Kay