I don’t like how I feel right now. Does this sound familiar? Or I don’t feel like myself today. These and other terms are used to describe how we feel when we have lost our space. Losing our space means our energy is out of whack and we are out of sync.
Most of us sigh in frustration when we feel this way then move on with our day while feeling out of sorts. This can be disastrous. Disastrous is such a strong term but I mean it. When we are out of sorts, not feeling right, etc. it means we are not being ourselves. This means we also do not have perspective or control of our energy. We may act and react in ways that are not typical for us and make decisions that we would not ordinarily make.
When our energy is disturbed in some way we are likely to do more harm than good because we are not being ourselves. We are being the effect of an energy disturbance in our space.
The causes of disruption, disturbance or changes in our energy are varied. It could be the result of an experience we had recently, a conversation, a meeting, etc. in which the energy caused a change in our energy. Most likely someone’s energy got into our space causing a change in our flow. Maybe someone whacked you meaning they threw energy at you in anger, frustration or competition. Perhaps we had an experience that greatly disturbed us personally or professionally causing our energy to react.
Energy disruptions can also be caused by changes in the body. For women it can be their cycle. For all of us it might be our diet, lack of exercise, medications, drugs, alcohol, lack of sleep, etc.
There are so many causes. It is important to realize when we are out of sorts and not just go with it. The good news is it is easy to change our energy and get our space back to being ourselves. One of my clients, Claire, left me a message yesterday. She is in the throes of a big project and she has learned working with me that her energy changes under pressure going from an otherwise pleasant business owner to a raging boss. Always in the aftermath she regrets her behavior and declares that is not who she is, trying to convince her staff of that as they stare in amazement wondering, “Who is that?”
I recall I was in a meeting representing an organization in a multi-million dollar class action suit and I could tell that two men in the room were lying. That was a trigger for me. I am all about fairness and truth so when people are being dishonest I lose my space and my awareness. I started to challenge them vehemently. Our attorney touched my arm and asked that we step outside. She pointed out how out of control I was and that I needed to get my space back. I explained to her they were lying. She understood that I was intuitive but that there was no evidence they could point out at this time so I had to bide my time. Suddenly I realized how much I had lost my space and was not being myself. What is a trigger for you?
Jim called me asking for help. He had just finished a phone call with a colleague and he felt buzzed and could not think straight. After working with me on this business he has come to realize that he needs to stop when things don’t feel right and set them straight. I saw intuitively that the person he was speaking with was trying so hard to convince him of something that he placed all his energy in Jim’s space making Jim feel not like himself. This is not logical but it is very intuitive. We all have had this experience many times.
Regardless of the cause it is important to our success personally and professionally to realize when we do not feel right or not ourselves and do something about it immediately before we create trouble for ourselves. Changing our energy or getting our space back is easy. Being aware that we have lost our space and taking the steps to stop and fix it is the tougher challenge.
Should you decide to stop and change your space it is quite simple. I suggest meditation. It could be five minutes or an hour whatever it takes. Meditation is simply stopping, quieting the body, clearing our thinking and resetting our space. These are intuitive terms that don’t mean much until you experience it so try this now even if you feel like you have your space. It will make things even better.
- Sit in a comfortable and quiet place.
- Take a deep breath, release and begin to relax the body (repeat often).
- Close your eyes and focus on yourself, bringing your attention from out there somewhere back to you.
- When you feel that you are beginning to relax and focus on yourself then be grounded. Imagine a connection between the base of your spine and the center of the planet. Take a deep breath, release, relax and feel that connection. Be grounded. Repeat until you feel connected and grounded.
- Now be centered by bringing your attention into the center of your head. Right now your attention is probably out there somewhere so come into the center of your head. Notice how that feels and how it changes your perspective. Keep breath and release.
- Now get your space back. By space I am referring to the energy field around you (your aura). Your energy is probably scattered far and wide from you so imagine calling your energy in around you within arms reach. I know this is not logical. Just try it. Imagine that energy field is all around you like a bubble. Keep calling your aura in until you get a sense of having your energy in around you. Now to make it real imagine a color on the edge of your space. A color you enjoy.
- Now be present in the moment. Bring all of your attention and awareness into this moment. Keep doing this until you feel that you are present. You can imagine releasing down your grounding anyone or anything that comes to mind as you do this.
- The goal is to be quiet in the body, not thinking and just being aware of yourself in present time.
- Now meditate on how you want to be in this moment. You have the ability to change your space and be however you want. I suggest a high vibration (enthusiasm, inspired, amusement, joy, excitement, etc.) When you feel like you are yourself and how you want to be then take a deep breath, stretch and come out of meditation
You are ready for your day. Once you get the hang of it meditation can go easily and quickly until then it make take some time to become comfortable with it. It is well worth the time.
Best wishes on your success, Kay
If you have any difficulty with this please feel free to contact me to discuss what is in the way of you having your space. email@example.com
Live online meditation