One of the best times to use your intuition is when you cannot decide, the answers you are looking for are not obvious or your find yourself successfully defending both sides of your own argument! You have been thinking, discussing it with others and still you cannot tell the right way to go or which decision to make. This is the time to stop thinking! Sometimes logic cannot provide our answers either because we are not neutral to the issue, our own thoughts and emotions cloud our thinking. Sometimes we cannot decide because of the pressures from other people or competing interests.
I was on the way back from a salon at the home of a Silicon Valley executive and his wife. My friend had run into one of her clients at the salon last month and again this day. She was very confused how she should interact with this very high profile client in this informal and somewhat personal event. I listened as she explained all the options she could think of. It was clearly a professional challenge that could have huge financial impact. She was confused, conflicted and worried. What if she approaches him the wrong way? What if she reads his communication incorrectly? What if…. She was wearing herself out.
A client of mine was in a similar state of confusion. She is transitioning in her career, sees a number of choices, can argue each of them convincingly only to confuse herself more. She thought, argued, discussed all to no avail. She could not decide and could not find a logical solution. This was creating great stress.
These scenarios are very common. The specifics may be different but each of us has been in a situation where all the logic in the world was not going to give us the answer. For me, as a business intuitive, answers to these situations are easily found by opening to our intuition. Using intuition is a way of gaining perspective and finding enough separation to see more clearly.
Here is a simple intuitive exercise you can use when you are confused or cannot decide.
- Find a time and place to sit and quiet yourself.
- Close your eyes, breathe deeply and begin to release all the effort you are experiencing. Relax and release.
- Bring your attention and your awareness inward, behind your eyes. Breathe deeply and release.
- Begin to clear your mind. Try to stop thinking so that you can open to your intuition.
- Simply open your awareness. Begin to notice, see, listen and know intuitively.
- Once you are quiet, imagine seeing a symbol out in front of you. See it or imagine it with your minds eye . I suggest a rose but any symbol will work.
- Now imagine placing your question in that symbol. This keeps your from thinking.
- Without thinking open to what you see, hear and know.
If you are able to follow these steps you will get your answer and you will know.
To learn more about the use of meditation to open your intuition simply go to http://www.insightintuitiveconsulting.com/meditation.html