One of the things I do as an intuitive business consultant is to connect businesses to potential clients when I see there would be a good fit. Today I introduced a producer to another client who owned a model making company. This is a resource my client was looking for.
The meeting did not turn out as I had expected. My client, the producer, was eager to meet these highly acclaimed artists and possibly contract with them on an upcoming project. First I want to say that everyone is intuitive whether they consciously know that or not. This is important to realize because no matter what you say the other person is picking up on what is really going on in your space. Smiles and being chipper does not hide your fear.
Fred asked Sally & Tom to talk about their company and their capabilities. These two award-winning artists talked about their work in the past in a way that came across as something that was true before but it is not true now. The mistake their made was not in their presentation. Their mistake was not being in the best space to meet with a potential client. My client picked up on their energy and it made him wonder. At the end of the conversation my client was disappointed because he did not get a sense of their certainty.
This happens all the time in meetings with potential clients. The energy in our space is not as subtle as we think. As an intuitive business consultant I recommend that you try the following before meeting with a potential client. This exercise is designed to clear your space and set your energy in the best way possible to support your success. You can do this several days before your meeting then again just before.
- Take the time to meditate.
- Close your eyes, quiet your body and clear your mind.
- Place your attention on yourself.
- Take deep breaths and release energy and tension you may have in your space.
- Be calm and quiet.
- Begin to visualize or imagine how you want to be and to present yourself. See this clearly.
- Release and let go of any energy in your way.
- Once you are clear on how you want to be seen, meditate on the conversation and how you want that conversation to go.
- All the while clear your thinking and let go of energy. Find a clear vision of the meeting with this potential client. What do you want them to see intuitively and experience from you?
- When you can imagine this precisely as you would like it then you are ready to meet with them.
Try this often and in many situations. Please add your comments, stories or ask a question.
Best wishes on your success, Kay