Someone sets the tone of every meeting. When you are meeting with a client that person should be you. This takes time and preparation.
We have all had experiences in meetings in which it unexpectedly starts off on a bad foot or shortly into the meeting things seem to go in a different direction than we had planned. We find ourselves experiencing a lot of effort and our potential client is not responding in a way we expected.
Set the tone
As an intuitive business consultant I would like to offer an intuitive technique that helps set the energy or tone of a meeting. This applies to a meeting in person, by phone or online. It begins with meditation and depending on the importance of the meeting you will want to do this several times before the actual appointment
Going to a meeting blind
I would never recommend walking into a meeting blind meaning without a clear vision. This is different from having an idea or plan. Try the following exercise and see if it changes your experience in meetings.
Take the time to meditate. This means to quiet the body, clear the mind, to stop thinking and open to your intuition. Sitting in a quiet place with your eyes closed helps with meditation.
When you feel relaxed and have cleared your thinking then begin to imagine the upcoming meeting. See it in your mind’s eye.
- Be aware of your goal for the meeting
- Release any thoughts you have that may get in the way of this
- Be aware of the person or persons you are meeting with
- Read them intuitively
- What do you see or imagine is on their mind?
- What are their expectations, concerns or needs?
- Imagine how you would like to set the tone or energy of your conversation with them.
- See the meeting going precisely as you would like.
- Clear your thinking that may argue against your vision.
- Release any doubts, fears or other emotions that are in the way of your certainty.
You may find that you have to do this exercise several times to clear your thinking and have a clear vision. That is up to you. When your vision is clear then you are ready.
Best wishes on your success.